WOMEN of the ELCA (WELCA)
Through various program areas, Women of the ELCA’s community of women provide services in their churches, communities, and even the world.
At First English Lutheran Church:
- Peace Circle and Joy Circle both use WELCA’s Gather magazine for Bible Study.
- Circles meet monthly in Moksnes Hall or in members’ homes.
Annual Fundraiser (Harvest Family Fun Fair or Christkindlmarket)
- Event held in fall to build a sense of community.
- Event held to raise funds for WELCA ministry, both locally and globally.
Lutheran World Relief Projects
- Quilters meet every Tuesday morning in Fellowship Hall (church basement) to work on quilts.
- Circles assemble Baby Care, Personal Care, and School kits with contributions from the rest of the congregation.
Pennies for Poverty – collected throughout the year to help women and children who live in poverty.
Serving at funeral luncheons.
At the Conference, Synod and Churchwide level:
- Attending Elkhorn Conference Spring gatherings.
- Attending Synodical Women’s Organization (SWO) retreats, workshops, and biennials.
- Striving to mitigate problems such as domestic violence and human trafficking.
- Attending Triennial Gatherings.
All women of FELC are welcome.